Italians Weddings: A Family affair-by Eleonora Galli
I ask my guestblogger Eleonora Galli from Italy, if she could write something about Italian weddings, and of course she could :)
Next week theire is the GREAT Royal wedding in England..
so the fever on the blog is getting HOT..we will continue this weekend with wedding specials
|Beautiful wedding from Vogue ITALY|
There is a famous filme named "Matrimonio all italiana" translate: Italia´s Wedding with Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni, is one of my favorite movie and I think it represent really good and in a funny way the importance and meaning that Italian pople give at the wedding.
Italians think the wedding not as a simly thing,not just a party where celebrate love, but is something else is lika a window for the family in wich show hoe the family is closes e wealhty,we do a wedding not just for love but as an exposition of all the family involved;the bride´s family and also the groom´s family,wedding in
Italy (as almost everything) is a family affair.
There are some elements in wich focuses all the attention to realize a perfect wedding to talk about to take as a metro for all the past and future weddings:
- The church,usually the wedding take place in the church of the bride,that is where the bride born and grow up here village´s church
- .The wedding dress must be princely,we don¨t use the dress the bridesmaids in the same way or to say to them what to wear.
- Flowers must be everywhere,flowers is one of the thing in which the wedding is judged,they have to be a lot and expensive.
- Jokes, Italians weddingsare really funny because during them we used to makes a lot of ironic jokes on the newlyweds.
- You should have a lot of invited,relatives and friends
And thats what Italians wedding are really expensive and a family affair. I personally don¨t like the way we do our wedding I´m more for a privet and simply cermony, but all depends on taste and mostly the bride´s taste !
I have to mention that I¨m from north of Italy and in our country there are important differences from the North and the South, I think that what I say something that we can find in every Italians wedding but there are many elements that depends from the place you came from.
- By Eleonora Galli